It’s nearly 2011. If you haven’t renewed your company’s IIA membership for 2011 we really hope you will. In fact for your sake we really hope you do before 31st January 2011 because we are giving every company who renews before then 25% off one training event in 2011. You will also be included in a draw for a pair of tickets to the 2011 Annual Conference which will take place in May.
All of this applies to companies who join before the end of January too.
It’s not like you even needed this extra nudge with all the value and benefits that come with membership but we like to help you renew early so that we can concentrate on maximising that membership for you during the rest of the year.
Just a super quick post to wish you all the best in 2010! A couple of things were brought to my attention while I was on leave and I thought the quickest thing would be to share them with you all here.
- Firstly IIA member Pixel Design thought some of you might be interested in Dublin County Enterprise Board’s search for Irish Digital Talent to represent Ireland at a Campus Party Europa Event in Spain in April.
- Secondly I thought it was worth reminding you that one of our members is conducting research about social networking for a masters thesis. Please complete her survey if you have a few minutes to spare.
- And there should be a thirdly. Ah yes! If you are an IIA Member, your membership is now due for renewal. We are doing a special 10% for members who renew online by credit card. Email me at members at iia dot ie for the voucher code.
We renew all of our members per calendar year and now we have made it even easier for members to renew online.
You can now renew online by credit card. Click on the turquoise section in the centre of the page above and login. This section will then turn orange to show that you are logged in. If you don’t see a red link on the top left of the left hand navigation, click on Member Network on left hand side of navy navigation and follow the instructions. Easy as 1-2-3!
Please include this code "ren-on-09" when prompted and we’ll give you 10% off as a thank you for renewing by credit card online. This voucher is valid until St. Patrick’s Day only.
As a not for profit organisation, the IIA relies heavily on membership fees, which are kept very low and are considered great value for money, to fund our extensive networking, education, promotion and lobbying efforts.
For your annual membership fee you can avail of the following key Irish Internet Association membership benefits:
- Discounts on events run by the IIA which ensure that all members are kept informed of technological, legislative and practical advances to the internet;
- Usernames and passwords for all staff within a member company which allows you lots of flexibility in the use of our extranet. This extranet is a key part of our strategic communications plan so to see exciting developments in the near future. Among recent popular developments are 3 widgets on the IIA homepage that allow members to showcase their news and blog feeds and company videos on YouTube. Please contact Roseanne, our membership manager at email@example.com, to hear how other members are already seeing increased traffic through these widgets and find out how you can do it too.
- All members are welcome to post industry-related press releases, tenders, publications, vacancies and appointments via the IIA extranet. This is a cost-effective and targeted channel which has provided invaluable leads to a broad range of companies and is an easy way to attract a net-savvy customer-base to your online services on a regular basis;
- Members can also avail of special offers made available by members;
- Member-only resources such as whitepapers, research and reports;
- As a member-driven and member-focussed organisation we rely on members’ input to ensure a vibrant and cutting edge programme of events and therefore welcome all suggestions for topics and speakers from our members;
- First option on cost effective advertising and sponsorship opportunities. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to find out more;
- Regular networking opportunities organised by us and by other members.
All of these existing benefits and any future benefits are made possible through membership fees. Please renew today to allow us to continue to offer them to you and your colleagues.
You can of course send a cheque or pay by EFT. Please email email@example.com for details.
But one of you is more of a winner 🙂 Congratulations to IIA member PillarProjects who, having renewed their membership before January 31st like nearly all of you, was randomly chosen as the recipient of a EUR250.00 IIA events voucher. May they wear it well and we look forward to seeing them at future events.
I often talk with our members about the work they are doing on their sites. Like our experience, they often tell me that for every new public facing feature that is developed there are usually five back stage features brought online that help streamline the business. One big feature that we brought online that fell into that category was online renewal. This has really simplified the process for you and for us here in the IIA this year. I have to take your word for it because I wasn’t around on previous renewals. All you need to do to renew now is log in and follow the instructions. This is also the perfect opportunity to update the company profile, add in company news, vacancies or appointments and, one of our most popular new features, your company blog feeds and news feeds, which are used to populate the IIA homepage.
If you are one of the last few member companies who have yet to renew please do so at your earliest convenience. You don’t want me to ring you to ask you because you will NEVER get me off the phone. I talk A LOT!