Goodbody Stockbrokers is Ireland’s longest established stockbroking firm with roots dating back to 1877. As well as being one of the leading institutional brokers, we are the largest private client firm in Ireland. Goodbody is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AIB Capital Markets plc, a division of Ireland’s largest bank and public company, AIB Group plc. Goodbody currently employs over 300 people and is divided into three business units:
– Institutional Equities: Marketing Irish equities to Irish and international institutions
– Private Clients: Share dealing and portfolio management services
– Corporate Finance: Public and private equity fund raising and corporate advisory services.
Over the years we have built up considerable expertise in, and knowledge of, Irish and international investment markets. This experience enables us to serve both our Irish and international client base. The quality of our research and the in-depth ingenuity of our staff have kept us at the top of our profession.
Goodbody is stockbroker to 21 companies quoted on the Irish Stock Exchange. These companies currently account for over 33% of the ISEQ index. Goodbody has an estimated market share of 25% of dealings in Irish equities through Irish brokers. We service the equity investment needs of more Irish investors than any other broker and have substantial portfolios under management on their behalf. Our strong position in the Irish equity market was recognised during 1999 when as part of AIB Capital Markets, together with Merrill Lynch, we took part in the privatisation of Telecom Eireann as joint global co-ordinators and advisors to the government. Also, in 1999, Goodbody was appointed joint global co-ordinator and advisor to the government in relation to the intended privatisation of Aer Lingus.
Goodbody also offers a number of electronic services to investors.
– Goodbody Online Ireland’s first online share dealing service. Includes trading, transaction history, portfolio valuations and access to the latest financial news and research.
– Goodbody Mobile Markets Access to stock prices, indices and exchange rates by text message to your mobile phone.
– Aertel. An extended service with Irish and UK prices updated every 20 minutes. Goodbody Market information commences from page 140.